Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Best Bak Kut Teh


Bak Kut Teh is most liked by many people as a meal for breakfast and lunch. It is said that the origins of this dish is from Klang, Selangor. I love to have some during my next trip back to Malaysia. Both my wife and me love the one from Teluk Pulai (Claypot) Bah Kut Teh, Taman Intan Klang (You can't miss it, it right in front of the big parking lot, Lunch is packed, so come early)  She says that because it does not smells too much of the herbs, that why she likes it. I don't mind the smell. I have not had the privilege of trying the most famous shop in Klang, the one under the bridge known as Restaurant Seng Huat located at 9, Jalan Besar, Klang. I have the GPS coordinates on my gps machine all ready to launch, but never had a chance to do so. Just waiting for the chance one these days.
In Penang, in the mornings, you can get good Bak Kut Teh on Gurney Drive, just besides the Evergreen Hotel. It's very good to have Bak Kut Teh in the morning especially when you are planning to miss lunch...
There are a few other versions of Bak Kut Teh besides the regular one that comes with meat & soup, most probably because the cook forgot to take the pot off the fire and it dried up, the dry version was invented. The good one to try is at Yap Chuan Restaurant in Puchong. It is prepared by a young boy who happened to invent the dry version while helping his dad in the restaurant kitchen and never looked back.
So if anyone has another spot for me to check out, please write in....

No comments:

Post a Comment